Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ireland


I did not plan to post this today, but something weird happened. First of all, I am gonna do it in honor of Niall Horan and all of the Irish people in this world, because for some reason, they are all gorgeous, adorable, with the cutest accent ever, and sweet. Second of all, last night I was watching Glee and Damian McGinty portrayed an Irish foreign student, and I've been waiting for that country since forever because I am a foreign student in America. Now I was on Facebook a kid had a status "It is not easy being green" (he probably doesn't realize that the song refers to the Irish color, green), and right after that I saw that an Argentinian kid had a profile picture of the Irish little boy (I don't know the name of it), and it was all green. And then I looked around and every single thing on Facebook was green. It was really weird. But anyway, like I said, in honor to all of you Irish people, I am gonna post about your beautiful country.

Random Facts:
  • The capital is Dublin.
  • The Southeast enjoys more sunlight than the rest of the country.
  • Vikings had a big influence in the Irish Culture, just like the Normans.
  • Some of the most visited sites in Ireland include Bunratty Castle, the Rock of Cashel, the Cliffs of Moher, Holy Cross Abbey and Blarney Castle.
  • Is considered one of the Celtic Nations of Europe.
  • Unlike England or the rest of the UK, almost 90% of the people are Catholics.
  • St. Patrick's Day comes from Ireland.
  • The main sports are rugby, cricket, soccer, and handball.
  • The main Irish dishes are Colcannon, Crubeens, Irish Potato Soup, Nettle Soup, Irish Bread, etc.
  • The typical Irish figures are the leprechauns, a magic creature coming from the regional tales. 
  • Every January 6th, women go out on a girl's night out.
  • Halloween was originally invented in Ireland, and it was November 1st, and it was day to go to the "other world". When the Irish immigrants arrived in America, this holiday was changed a bit, and became what today we know as Halloween.
  • (This is made up by me) Irish people are all beautiful
  • Niall Horan from One Direction is Irish










No comments:

Post a Comment