Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Generation of the 2000's



Today I was thinking what defined the last decade. I don't even know how to call it, and actually nobody does. Is it the Aughties? The Double-Zeroes? The Oh-Ohs? The 2K’s? The Zeds? I have no idea. But I realized that according to the age, everybody has a different opinion on what really had an impact on the world during the last 10 years. But at the end of the day, this was OUR GENERATION. The people that are between 15 and 30 years old are the ones that were defined by that decade. I don't care what 40 or 50 year old prehistoric humans say, they grew up in the 70's, 80's 90's. But the beginning of the century was ours. And the next decade is also ours, and we are the only ones that were shaped according to the evens, the music, the movies, the celebrities, the books, etc. So I googled "What Defined the 2000's?" And all I got were useless things that only old people care about. So I decided to create my own list of what had an impact for us, the generation that cannot watch a movie unless it's HD, bluray, and surround sound. The generation that grew up in the middle of the new technological innovations, but that still knows what is it like to play in the backyard with your friends, instead of playing tea party on an iPad. So if my dad reads the list I'm gonna make about last decade, he is probably gonna laugh his ass off. But I'm sure that many people of my age are going to agree. I don't necesarily like all of these things, but I admit they had a big impact on society, and they were classics of out childhood and teenage years.

1 - Movies




2- Music


3- TV


4 - Celebrities


5 - Books


6 - Events


7 - Technology



8 - Communications


No comments:

Post a Comment