Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cyberbullying




Today I watch the movie Cyberbullyng, starring Emily Osment. It took me a while to get in tune with the whole story, but I gotta admit that once you watch the whole thing, it is pretty good.

Bullying is definitely real, and many teenagers out there have to go through it. Even though this never happened to me, as the "new foreign student" I know how it feels to be kind of outside the popular groups. Nobody never discriminated me or anything, but I can feel that sometimes people talk about me and stuff, and maybe I do care a little bit, but I try to be better than that.

My biggest problem with this movie though, was the weakness. The issues and problems presented are real: jealousy between friends, fake Facebook profiles, bullying, calling someone else a bitch, blah blah. But I just can't deal with the weakness of the main character, Taylor, to let all of this take over her life (in case you don't know, she decided to kill herself, which is a pretty intense scene). I know it hurts when you feel alone, like everybody else is against you, like nobody understands you, and nobody is willing to get to know you before they judge you; I know. But even if it is the hardest thing ever, you need to stand up for your self man. Even if it takes the courage you don't even have, you need to defend your pride, and most of all, your life and your feelings. Taylor decided to send a video to everybody saying "goodbye", showing them that they succeeded in putting her down. But that's not the way it works.

So I want to say my opinion, and I hope this helps someone out there who is being bullied. First of all, they do it because of envy and jealousy. Second, they do it because they know you are not as confident, and that you are never going to stop them, and this is where you have to prove them wrong. Do not go to your house crying, do not let it hurt you. And do not do what this girl Taylor did: trying to commit suicide. I mean, that is just stupid and nuts. STAND UP FOR YOU. Go to your school and just yell "fuck you all" and stop giving a crap about what those losers think of you. That's the key: stop giving a crap about what people think, and laughing your ass off. You know they do it because they have no life, because they are so insecure with themselves that they need to bring other people down just to feel better. So walk next to them and smile, let them see your smile. Show them they have no power over you, even if it is the hardest thing you will ever do. It is so easy at the end of the day.

Bullies are just gross and disgusting, but if you let them harm you the way they do it, you are not very respectable either. I know it is hard, but you need to be strong. You need to be able to deal with it. Fill yourself with confidence, and fight for you. Show them how much you are worth it, and how sick is what they are doing.

All I'm saying is, you can sit in front of the computer reading all of the bad comments about your self, or you can stand up, print those comments, put them all over school, and show the whole world how gross those people are.

Remember: it is all about attitude. 

STAY STRONG AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment