Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Exchange Student On Glee



Finally Damian McGinty arrived to Glee. My favorite contender of the Glee Project, that kid from Ireland with that amazing accent is finally on my favorite TV Show. And you have no idea how excited I was when he said that he was an foreign exchange student from Ireland, and when nobody could understand his accent, and when he felt lonely with no friends... I felt like Ryan Murphy finally created the perfect character for me.

In one scene he says something about loving America, and how he thought that everybody was unique and friendly, how people could easily accept some other individuals that are completely different. I thought the same thing, and I came to a place where people have no idea that there is a world out there, and that just because we have an accent or we grew up in a different country, does not mean that we are losers.

Today I saw myself on Glee, portrayed by Damian McGinty, and I really felt understood.

Now I hope fans of Glee can see how we, the exchange students from other countries, feel when we walk in those hallways, being pushed away by the rest of the students, and with the desire of being a  part of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment