Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The First Step Is Always The Hardest

I decided to forget about Sam, and that's what I'm doing. I stopped walking in the hallways where I know I'm gonna see him, I don't even look at him during math, I try not to talk about him, I don't look at him during lunch anymore, and I don't stalk him anymore. I feel proud of myself of how dedicated I'm being about it. I always said I was gonna let boys go, but I could never really do it. It's all about commitment. I committed myself to this, and now I'm doing it!

I posted a quote before this post that says: "To heal a wound, you gotta stop touching it". So I'm just gonna stop thinking about him, and PUF, someday, he is gonna be out of my mind for good. I mean, why would I bother waiting for a popular guy who only cares about popular girls when there are a thousand other cute boys? In fact, the day I decided to forget about Sam, this other cute boy started talking to me, and said I was hot. I don't know how I feel about him, but that's not the point. The point is that once you start working towards what you want, something good is gonna happen. In my case, another guy appeared. We can't always get what we want, but sometimes, we get something even better in return. 

So basically, the first step is admitting that you need to do something about it and start doing it, and I am already there. It is hard, specially because he is the funny kid of the class, and today he said something like "I'm happy I'm here. I was out yesterday. My fish died and I sorta had to take a personal day". I obviously could not ignore that: the way he said it was hilarious. Plus, he is really, really hot. And I love everything about him. Ok, enough. You got my point: I LIKE HIM. But like I said, I'm on the right track, and I know this time, I am gonna be strong enough. This time, I'll be braver, and I'll be my own savior. I'm not gonna wait for someone else to come and make me forget him. I'm gonna do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment