Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Best Is Yet To Come


This is the first time in my life that I feel like this is really going to be a good year. I feel like many good things are coming and that 2012 is going to surprise me. Let's say 2011 was not as fun as I thought it was going to be, so I'm willing to just enjoy my senior year like it is the last year of my life. I love the fact that it is supposed to be the end of the world because I know it is stupid and not true, but at the same time it is another reason to party like crazy and enjoy every second of this year.

I am going to remember 2012 forever, because I know it is going to me magical and unique, I can feel it. So I'm going to set a goal and a resolution this year, just one. For the first time in my life I am not going to write a list of 101 things I want to do before 2013 or anything like that, all I'm gonna do this year is:

BE HAPPY.

That's it. I wanna be able to do everything I wanna do. Kiss every guy I like. Hug every friend I love. Have long conversations with my mom. Spend time with my family. Learn. Party like crazy. Drink a lot of alcohol and get totally wasted. Just do whatever I wanna do, wherever I wanna do it, whenever I wanna do it, with whoever I wanna do it. Just be happy. Follow my heart. Enjoy. Laugh. Smile. My goal is to be happy and do whatever it takes to achieve it. I think Senior Year is a year where you are actually allowed to behave like crazy, to be irresponsible, to do whatever you want, because it is the last year of my teenager years (even though I am obviously forever young). College comes in 2013 and life changes, you become an adult, you gotta study way harder, everything gets complicated, more responsabilities, blah blah blah.

So like I said a few months ago, the world might not end of 2012, but a part of my life does. Maybe the Mayans were not that wrong, they kinda got it right with me. So I'm going to enjoy. And I know everything is going to go right. And the best thing of all, is that I have never been so sure of my decision of going back. I can hear my heart telling me that it is the right thing, and it makes me feel so, so happy! For the first time I know that not having a plan is exactly what I want. Maybe things are not going the way I planned, but guess what... they are even better. I know going back it is going to be worth it. I feel like if I had chosen to stay, this 2012 wouldn't feel so amazing and so exciting, it would feel like another year to fight for that dream that I don't even know if it's what I really want. Maybe my decision of spending this year with my friends having fun is not going to lead me to success. I know I am not giving up the things I should give up to become who I wanna be, and maybe this decision will influence in my destiny forever, but I don't care. I wanna get to the top knowing that I enjoyed every single minute of the climb, instead of getting there and feeling like I couldn't even enjoy the view.

Live to the fullest. Enjoy this 2012. Have hope and faith. Be happy. Regret nothing. Smile and laugh as much as you can. Give tons of love away even if they don't love you back. Dance under the rain. And remember, life is a climb, and the view is great.




No comments:

Post a Comment