Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spanish Swag






I liked a lot of things about the Golden Globes 2012, such as the French Accents from the cast and crew of "The Artist", the dresses of Sofia Vergara and Charlice Theron, the jokes of Ricky Gervais,  and the fact that Kate Winslet won, but my favorite thing of all was the Spanish Swag of Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, and the beautiful Sofia Vergara. I loved the fact that they rocked their Spanish accent, and they even spoke Spanish, showing how proud they are of their nationality and their roots. And it made me feel confident and proud too, because they showed that Spanish speaking countries are not the crap of the world, and they are an example of how smart, talented, charismatic, and of course, SEXY, we can be. I have to admit that sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough, and I hate the way Americans look at Latin Americans, but these three actors inspire me to be who I am and not be ashamed of that. It doesn't matter how Americans or the rest of the world look at countries from the third world, what matters is who we really are. And damn, most of us Spanish people are beautiful, smart, talented, and all of the things I mentioned before. And Salma, Antonio, and Sofia are not the only ones; Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Victoria Justice, Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Luisana Lopilato (Michael Buble's wife), Eva Longoria, Eva Mendez, Giselle Bundchen, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Zoe Zaldana, Jessica Alba, Alicia Keys, America Ferrera, and many of other famous and inspirational celebrities are also from Latin America and they also show how proud they are. I wish I could have realized about this before and just enjoy the fact that I have something special that not everybody has. And in my case I am from Latin America, but in this country there's people from all over the world who should also be proud of their culture and their roots. (Well, sadly, I don't look like most of these latin women, because Argentina is a country where 90% of the people are European, and I am pretty much Italian, but well, at least I can say I was born in a Latin country)

So right now I can say that I am glad I am Argentinian.

(Note: Just FYI, I'm not criticizing any other nationality, I love every single culture and race of this world, because they are all unique and beautiful in their own way, but I am Argentinian so I felt more than proud after watching them rocking the Spanish accent, specially because that one my biggest weakness in the past year)





No comments:

Post a Comment