Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Madness: THE NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!

Well, it's been a month of thrilling victories and agonizing defeats on the long road from from the regional openers through the sweet sixteen and the final four to our final matchup between upstart 47th state New Mexico and old-school colonial Maryland; between the fifth-largest state in the union and the state with the fifth largest population density.



And for this round only, I'll do something I haven't done in all the rest of the tournament. I'll vote myself.


So here's my vote for the best flag of the U.S. States and Territories!

South Carolina

Unfortunately, all y'all didn't even let it into the Elite Eight, so I guess I'll do like everybody else and cast my vote from the choices I have available.

Maryland!

But that's just my vote!

So, with no further ado....

the winner of the March Madness U.S. States and Territories Flag Tournament is......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



New Mexico defeats Maryland, 21 - 13!!!




Congratulations to the good folks of New Mexico and thanks to everybody who played along with my goofy little project.  Here's one last look at the bracket.  Hope you had a great March!

No comments:

Post a Comment