Wednesday, July 6, 2011

INSINKERATOR - Buyer Beware!

About 4 1/2 months ago, I bought a replacement kitchen garbage disposal unit. Trying to get the best unit available, I bought the Insinkerator Evolution Excel (Serial No. 10031649882). The Excel is the 'Rolls Royce' of garbage disposals if you read the literature. I paid an insane $350.00 for the unit and the cord comes extra (not included with the disposal unit). I bought it because it they advertised it as being very quiet.

I strongly recommend that you consider buying a different product.

Please don't make the same mistake that I did.   Judge for yourself.

Just over four months later the entire lower seal has failed through routine kitchen use:


Just because I was STUPID enough to buy one of these units doesn't
mean that you have to follow in my footsteps.  Unless you've bought
one already. In that case -- you have my sympathy.

Insinkerator promises a hefty warranty that is not worth the paper that it's printed on. When I called the 1-800-558-5700 customer support number, nobody answered for fifteen or twenty minutes, but I was offered the option to leave a message. I punched '1'. The message said that the mail box was full and then bid me, "Good Bye!"

I bought the unit at Home Depot. Their in-store warranty only lasts for 90 days -- just short of the service life of the Insinkerator Evolution Excel. I have no problem with Home Depot. My problem is with the company and the JUNK that they sell to the public.

The cheap disposer unit that came with the house lasted 12 years. This unit didn't even make 6 months before it totally failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment